~ This weeks blog is brought to you by Dwight Willoughby~
Pioneer soybeans are advancing nicely from the benefit of higher heat units and moisture. P008T70R and P008T22R2 are podding high and most canopies are 3 to 4 feet in height. As our beans progress on thru the stages, here are some tips to identify your bean stages.
R5 Beginning of the Seed
- Seed is 1/8″ long in the pod at one of the four upper most notes on the main stem.
R6 Full Seed
- Pod has a green seed that fills the pod cavity at one of the four uppermost nodes on the main stem.
R7 Beginning of Maturity
- One pod on main stem has reached maturity pod color brown or tan.
R8 Full Maturity
- 95% of brown pod (no leaves left on the plant)
A critical stage for soybeans in the R4 to R5’s, moisture is important for bean development and fill.
Mid way between R5 to R6 the plant reaches maximum height node numbers and leaf area.
Crop stages – % Damage
R5 Stage = 50-70%
R6 Stage = 20-30%
R7 Stage = 5%
R8 Stage = 0%
As always, if you have any questions about your crop or would like to have Dwight, Derek, or a Pioneer Agronomist come and scout your field, we are just a quick phone call or text away!
Guess the Yield Locations
We are really excited about our product line up and want you to see them in fields locally! There are some really awesome incentives to have you go check them out and GUESS THE YIELD, as many of you know from the email and texts sent out to your farm operation last week.
~Scroll down to see area maps with the locations of contest fields~
HOW IT WORKS
- We have designated canola, soybean and corn fields in your area, which will be marked with a Derek Erb Seeds Guess the Yield sign. Maps with the field locations are found below, or simply call Derek and Dwight for locations. Locations were decided on based on proximity and accessibility.
- Go to the designated field, take a photo of the sign showing which field you are in, and finally text Derek your guess on the yield @ 204-792-6744
- Winners from EACH location will be determined by the closest guess to the actual yield (weighed by Derek Erb Seeds Inc) without going over.
- Winners from all locations will be placed in a ballot box for the GRAND PRIZE draw, date / location of draw will be announced once all fields have been weighed.
- Enter your guess at ONE or ALL the locations, BUT only 1 entry per FARM OPERATION for each field.
- The first 24 growers to enter a guess will get a DuPont Pioneer USB car charger to help fire up their gadgets while on the go this harvest!
If you have any questions regarding the contest, do not hesitate to contact Derek 204-792-6744 or Dwight 204-770-4678
GOOD LUCK, AND HAVE FUN!
Brunkild Guess the Yield locations
Domain Guess the Yield Locations
Fannystelle Guess the Yield Location
Oak Bluff Guess the Yield Locations
Sanford Guess the Yield Location
Starbuck Guess the Yield Locations MAP # 1
Starbuck Guess the Yield Locations MAP # 2